Selamat Hari Guru 2020

"Berguru demi ilmu, bina generasi baru."
 
That's the theme for this year. Scrolling through my Facebook feed, saw this one video shared by Dhiya, a debate friend during diploma. Listening to the melody made me so touched. Reminded me of my primary school years. 





I recall the moment of watching all my teachers singing 'Kami Guru Malaysia' on a stage they constructed just outside the school hall. I still remember them singing the song oh so semangat! The cool music teacher. Forgot his name already (I think it's Cikgu Azhar?) haha but I still remember his face. SRKBBB. Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Bandar Baru Bangi. There are more buildings now in the school ground; already have new classrooms at that area. It seems much more packed now.

I remembered wanting to be a teacher just to get lots of gifts on Teachers Day. Pemikiran ringkas kanak-kanak... I think there was a time where I wanted to be a teacher, but not for long. I then aspired to be a writer, journalist... Jobs along that line.

I did ended up being a teacher, though. A swimming teacher. HA-HA. Though now during this Covid-19 pandemic I feel so much less of a teacher. I haven't been teaching for nearly 2 months now... Iz celebrated his first Teachers Day this year, kesianla couldn't experience the celebration aha. 

Anyhow, here's a version of 'Kami Guru Malaysia' that I like. Lebih cool, lebih bersemangat I think. 




Comments

Popular Posts