Baju Little Critter

I finally have something I really want to write about! Been contemplating on some topics I ended up not writing it up. Mostly about MCO and my sudden crazy thought on furthering studies to Masters (what was I thinking?).

My mum bought us all the Little Critter series written by Mercer Mayer back in the US. And... It wasn't until years.... That I realized mum actually bought two of the same title. My mum said she accidentally bought two as she found a lot more other titles at a discounted price at another shop. It was Sofia who pointed it out. Damn... Seriously that kid is really something. Or, really all kids are so smart like that. Or, Sofia is just like me - very particular.

I didn't remember which title got double, though. I might ask Sofia later ha-ha.

Anyway... It was really something to read to your kid the books your mum used to read to you. You know. And seeing some books with doodles... And your kid asking you who did that and it really was you, the kid you.


One of the series. Sofia learnt the phrase 'I just forgot' from this book.


Baju Little Critter


So she has been wanting that particular denim jumpsuit ever since reading the series. We finally got this in Hatyai for only 100 Baht. At first I planned on buying one for me too but my post-pregnancy brain told me better not. 

*  *  *  *  *

I asked Sofia first thing when she woke up, 

"Sofia ingat tak buku Little Critter yang mana yang ada dua?"

"Hm... Just a mess"
 
We went downstairs to check.

Smart kid.


By the way, I Google-ed about this book. In Shopee, it is sold for RM 20 - RM 25 per book wehhhh! Mum said she bought it for one dollar je dulu. There are some series which we don't have but mum said she already bought. Hilang kut? I'm thinking of buying them one day, just to complete the set.

And also on YouTube, there's even a read aloud version with the same exact illustrations. Which is very COOL. And also because some pages are torn already (hoi little bash eeee or is it afif?)...

All that aside... I'm glad my mum spent her money on books back in the US. I used to comment once about kids now having so many choices of fashion and thus assumed that my mum didn't dress me as fashionable as kids are now (apa yang mak tak belikan? Lebih dari OshKosh B'gosh mak belikan kau).

The end.



Comments

Popular Posts