Anniversary post

Nak upload gambar anniversary, tapi anniversary pun dah nak habis.
Nak blog pasal anniversary, anniversary pun dah nak habis...

Wan Usu helping me godek-godek my veil. 

It's our 5th year anniversary today, 2nd May 2020. I think many would have the same date with us because 1st May is a Public Holiday in Malaysia - Labor Day. I think la. Public holiday, school holiday... Musim orang kahwin.

Iz already posted a status update on Facebook earlier this morning. While lining up to buy daun sup at the market lah tu... I planned on uploading first since I noticed for the past few years I'm the one tagged, but well I failed again this year. Try again next year. Or just let him do it until forever haha.

I remembered it's Tita who took this picture.

I woke up early today to download photos from the CD I got from our OP. Had a few sweet minutes of me time reminiscing the wedding, until Sofia woke up and joined in. Commented on almost every picture.

"Eh, kucing tak berak ke?"

Because my mum would always tell her to keep back her toys inside the house, "Nanti tinggal kat luar kucing berak"


"Comelnya dua-dua!", ini Sofia said. Ok. Pandai anak mama haha.

Okay so I've already picked some pictures. Just waiting for the right time to upload to Facebook je. Thank you, Aiya. She slept so early... Before Isyak slept already. But I kind of forgot how to resize the pictures so it took quite some time to finish uploading. And... Since when Facebook automatically tag your friends? Sooo leceh! Because I really didn't want to tag them. And dahla salah tag! So I ended up posting two pictures je dah. Other pictures I uploaded in a private album on Facebook.

I really didn't want to lose important pictures, that's the main reason actually.

*  *  *  *  *

Remembering my wedding anniversary, I didn't only remember the moment I became a wife. No, not just that. It is not only about 'the moment we became a part of each other'. No, not just that.

My wedding, reminds me of all the people involved in it. Those people who already passed away, really kind people I prayed for them to be granted lots of pahala. Yeah, God seemed to gave me a lot of kind people to replace that one dad. Now that I think of it...



I didn't have much girlfriends. You see back then it was a trend to have your girlfriends as bridesmaids, all wearing same attire or same colour at least. Even my pengapit is my auntie. But good friends do came. Although not as a bridesmaid, but they do came. Lifeguard friends, highschool friends, degree classmates, classmate Iz who are also my coursemates; one of them who gave me a bottle of mineral water during my degree sweaty interview (masih ingat jasa!), a friend during intership at HAT Kem Terendak, even my students! IRenang students. Now I just remembered, I forgot my UiTM Shah Alam students! But will they come? I only taught one subject je pun. 

The only picture I have with Yana and Fha. Really appreciate them coming during the solemnization ceremony.


My seniors aka Iz's friends.


Those who came before and after the ceremony. Who still made time for me. Madam Shera, Tqa Asraf... Mimey, Iffah... All those kind people, I got to meet them in person. Mum's long lost friend also came. It was more of like a reunion hahah.


Madam Shera's little princess!


Oh yea, I also got a photobooth set up for FREE by a childhood friend!



And my own friends getting my make up done. Faz and Chui.

For nikah and sanding.


For khatam quran.

And I also have my aunties; related and not blood related... Neighbour aunties who are already like family. My uwans; related and not blood related (kawan-kawan Wan Usu)... Came all the way from Sungai Tua in an orange school van. All those elderlies with me. Close friends, who knew how I went thru hardships before, who still made some time to come.

Marhaban team all the way from Sungai Tua.


All in all, it is all ENOUGH. Enough of all the people I love and meant to me. Reminded me that Allah may take away only one, but he replaced me with so many more other. And with the wedding, I gained even more family members. Kelantan, Ipoh semua datang.

ALL THAT. To be reminded of on this day.

*  *  *  *  *


For only RM 150, the pictures actually turned out quite good la. See, even got bokeh effect haha. I was on such a tight budget, I hired Ayong's friend, a photography student. But be mindful la yea when inside the CD got a lot of pictures that I think erm tak payah kut gambar pokok bunga mak sampai berbelas keping... But it's okay, for memories. Mak really did bought new plants for the wedding, anyway. They deserve a spot. Haha.

I really should make a wedding album. Have already been 5 years, dude!

Reading back Iz's anniversary wish to me on Facebook, clearly we have different views on this 5th year anniversary... Hahaha. Without any doubt, I feel the same way too. We've been thru a lot not only these 5 years, but for the past 8 years since we first met. But for this time, let me just reminisce about the wedding ceremony. Hm. Dah macam 'wedding ceremony anniversary'. Hah.



Comments

Popular Posts