Finger food: Potato fingers recipe

Potato fingers

Sofia's having a third piece now, so I guess this recipe is really something hehe. I always make finger food for Sofia, to the extent that she is so used to homecooked meal she didn't want to eat those instant frozen food (nuggets, etc). But the thing is, I rarely have a recipe I sticked to. Usually I'd just add on a bit of flour here and there when I feel needed.

This one I got the recipe from Facebook; mum whatsapped me the link. I really hope I can do this again next time, so here I am sharing it here. Also because I'm confident it will jadi haha.



INGREDIENTS
3 potatoes
5 tablespoon corn flour
1 tablespoon rice flour
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon salt

*I added in ground black pepper also.
**You can also add in 1 tablespoon of carrot and 1 tablespoon of daun bawang or chilli etc.


HOW TO
  1. Boil the potatoes.
  2. Mash it.
  3. Mix all ingredients.
  4. Shape it. I didn't make it into very long, lean fingers coz I was afraid of breaking it ahaha so I made it into chunky fat fingers.
  5. Deep fry it. No need to kejap-kejap pusingkan dia. I only pusingkan once. Again, because takut pecah.

You can get a lot from this recipe. This, and add another 7 I already fried in the first picture. Goreng sikit-sikit, store them in a fridge.

Happy trying! Happy eating. While staying at home. #MCO

*New update on 14th April 2020


Made another batch. This time I added in separuh jengkal carrot. I boiled the carrot, mash it together because Sofia is very sensitive to texture. Carrot, especially. Also added in some Parmesan cheese but maybe I didn't put enough.

I made them longer this time because I had the time to godek-godek and got this much.

Not sure why this one seemed much more oily that the first batch I made. But it definitely looks more 'commercial' haha.

Comments

Popular Posts