Doa dan likes

On ranting on social media.

There was this one time during the first week of Ramadan when I had a really tough time coping with Sofia. She woke up as early as 8.30am and didn't sleep the whole day... Around 6pm baru nak tidur, and that, was with the help of a hammock- buai.

Before that, I got so stressed and tired (because I was fasting, too) that I uploaded a picture of her with the caption, 'Dari 8.30am bangun tak tidur-tidur and I cryyyyyy.... Penat gila!' Waited few minutes, why no one like my picture? Come on, where's the support.... I waited some more; look at my phone, look at the ever active Sofia, look back at my phone. Oh baru 1 like!

Nah! Then it hit me. What am I hoping for? Why am I waiting for people to LIKE my picture? As if lagi banyak LIKES, lagi cepat Sofia will sleep. Here I am, checking my phone now and then to see how many likes (bertambah one or two more), but still Sofia wasn't sleeping. And... At that moment, I haven't even performed my Asar prayers pun. Sibuk check Instagram.

Tersentak. I deleted that picture and focused on Sofia. Played with her, let her crawl all over the place and then tried nursing her to sleep (again). Failed. Put her in the hammock and asked mum to help buai her to sleep. At the same time, berdoa dalam hati (keep repeating over and over again). Ya Allah tolongla bagi dia tidur sekejap pun jadilah... Penat sangat dah ni... 

Dan dia pun tidur. Tersentak one more time. Why am I depending on people to help me? Okay, bila LIKE tu menolong ke? Hahahah ngong. There are many reasons why people like a picture. But when it comes to asking for help, mintalah pada yang satu. Especially during this holy month of Ramadan. Salam Jumaat!

Comments

Popular Posts