My labor story: Sofia - The admission

Yeah the title was emphasized as such in case I got another baby and had to write another post "My labor story: (name of second child)"

A day before labor, I went to TCE Baby Expo, Fitnessium (Taayun and Am's gym), and had a good meal of lasagna. Yeah berjalan sakan I tell you.


TCE Baby Expo. Got a lot of cheapo cheapo stylish clothes. But so packed will be thinking twice to go again next time.


Being a first time mum, there were a lot of things I didn't know. I'm so glad my best friend is a doctor. I always refer her in case of any changes. The night before, I had major contractions like so bad so sakit... And there were clear fluid drippings. Like mengalir je like that. I thought there were normal discharges. Tita told me to look for brownish discharges, she didn't say anything about clear ones. So as usual, I reported to her, early in the morning right after subuh prayers. Belum 7am pun lagi. Told her malam tadi asyik discharge je tapi tak brownish pun. Then she said, "Kalau dribbling tu air ketuban."

Told my husband Tita said air ketuban. And he panicked. I on the other hand had no idea how serious it is if it is really air ketuban. Tita told me to immediately go to the hospital to check. Went down told mum and mum panicked. I still had no idea how serious it is if my water breaks. Yes. I didn't read much and simply am not aware of that. Grabbed the blue balik kampung bag and went straight to the hospital. Tak sempat guna beg baru bos Iz bagi. Tak sempat unpack and pack semula.

Iz confidently told the person at the registration counter that my water breaks. Air ketuban dia dah pecah. I was still like oh come on, still not confirmed that it is air ketuban. It is only 31st July kut.. my edd is on 15th August.

I was then told to lie down in one room and wait for the midwife to check laluan. And that, was the first time. Crazy. I feel so embarrassed. Okay embarrased and invaded. Like seriously masuk macam tu je! It was my first time and you expect me to relax? It was so hard to relax I tell you. Finally, she said, "3 cm". 

Changed into their pink hospital clothes. Iz said I looked cute in it and asked if I wanted to take a picture... In my mind I was thinking eh sempat pulak fikir nak amik gambar ni.. Went to the labor room and was told to lie down. One of the nurse pumped ubat pelawas for me to poo poo... Got back from the toilet and I saw my name already written on the door. Still calm. Thinking there's no way I'm  giving birth today. Its only 31st...

Iz went out for a while to register; counter opens at 9 am. I was actually quite worried, not about giving birth (still thinking tak mungkin beranak harini), but more on the cost. Seriously Bash? Iz just got this medical benefit and we were actually still in the process of applying for it. Private medical center, hello? Alhamdulillah, Iz came in and said application is complete, everything will be covered.

While Iz was out, the doctor came in to break my water. By the way it is true, betullah air ketuban tu. About 9.20 am, whooosshhhh water flows out! Tita said it is her favourite part. To break the water membrane. Yes, I had an easy time at the labor room messaging Tita. I even had a happy smiling selfie.

I was starving as I didn't eat anything before coming. The nurse told me she'd check whether there were leftovers or extra breakfast meals. Unfortunately there wasn't any so Iz went out again to get food. He got me cheezy meatballs (which he said is the most special one), kuih buah melaka, creampuffs, and dates. 

Cheezy meatballs and dates.


Cream puffs, kuih buah melaka.


I must have looked really happy and calm that the nurse actually said, "Nampak pun Puan macam tak ada rasa sakit sangat, kan" when she came in to check my contractions on the machine. Heh. Betul lah tu. And I actually felt guilty, like I shouldn't be here in this labor room. I stopped messaging Tita. Senang hatinya dia ni main-main handphone pulak dalam labor room... BUT.... Suddenly she said something that gave me a REALITY CHECK. Immediately made me scared and reality hits me hard when she said,
"Mesti ada pengakhiran"

The way she said it. Baby mesti keluar harini. Keluar secara normal, atau secara caesar. MESTI ADA PENGAKHIRAN. I was thinking, okay. THIS IS REAL. I AM GIVING BIRTH TODAY. Either way, normal or caesar, it must end.

Today is the day.

Yeap. A very crossed face, thinking I shouldn't be here at this moment. Lagi 2 minggu kut jangkaannya...



Comments

Popular Posts