BEL ball ballet

That was it. The last class for this semester, BEL 492 Presentation Skills

Madam Usdi was the only female lecturer who taught me this semester. The other 6 subjects were all male lecturers. I just came to realize that fact just now. At the end of the class I stayed a bit longer. Just to talk to her personally.

I felt so guilty of always skipping her classes… I’m not a good student, I know.

I must admit I always submit her assignments late.

While the others would wait until the class really ended at 1 pm, I would leave exactly at 12.30 noon because I’ve to rush to the pool to teach swimming.

While the others would type nicely their presentation outline, I would submit a handwritten one.

While the others would have videos in their presentation slide, I would only have motionless pictures.

While the others were talking about Titanic, The Beatles, and Revolution of Motorcycle, I would only talk simply about Dark Chocolates.

While the others would bring great props and visual aids, I only have my own self to display. (Okay I’d like to mention this one guy, Ajiq. I hate you for bringing your bike to class! Bersemangat sungguh jadi rasa dengki~ This one guy you see, puts a lot of effort just for an English presentation. And oh, he speaks fluently. Jadi saya rasa dia hebat. Dan dah jadikan idola.)

Because I myself am a teacher, so I sort of know how it feels if your student didn’t give full commitment. That’s why I thought I should talk to her personally.

I apologized and told her how I had tried my best to cope with everything. It was a huge huge HUGE relief to hear her say:

‘You’re doing well enough. You still managed to catch up with the rest’

I've always felt a bit inferior in class... Because compared to them, they're all in their fourth semester while this one girl here is only in the second semester... So it means a lot when Madam Usdi actually said that. *touched* :)


Comments

The Green Girl said…
Aw, congratulations! So glad it went well.
Bashtiah said…
Green Girl: Thank you! :D

Popular Posts