Sebab Saya Yakin

I’m the only daughter my mum has.

So I must admit I’m very much controlled and I didn’t get as much freedom as my other friends. The first time I went for an outing with my friends was when I was 16 years old. And in order to get that permission, I actually have to beg her for more than a week! And EVEN THAT, it's still not confirmed that I’ll be allowed. Before that, I’ll have to prepare myself. She wanted to know every single detail right from who I’m going with (how many girls, how many boys), what I’ll be doing, where I'm going, and by 3 pm she would already text me to ask when am I coming home.

I still remember my schoolmates were so tired of always asking me out and me cancelling at the last minute that they finally got fed up and decided to not ask me out again. I was confident my mum would let me that I immediately agreed to join them. But at the last minute I couldn’t really make it at all…

Leaving all those school years behind…

* * *

Such a nuisance, right... I know. But as a result of that, I believe my dignity as a woman is protected.

Talk about being overprotected.

* * *

Now, in terms of dating.

The thing is, I would only introduce someone to my mum if I was confident in him. Anyhow, there’s only one guy whom I’ve introduced to mum so far. Ha-ha.

Because I’m confident.

I really don’t plan on adding more to the list (the list of guys introduced to my mum, that is). This time, I’ll just be the traditional young woman who would just wait at home for her future husband to come and seek her hand for marriage. Ha-ha.

Eh, I AM serious okay!

I'm sure I'm not the only one facing problems being way too controlled by my mother. Every mother in this world is protective of their daughter, I believe. Minus those who abandoned their babies lah. Those woman, they're not mothers. They're murderers.

***Psst... Psst... Today my class was in charge of the fitness test for the new intake of the Bachelor of Sports Science program. Can't believe now I am the one in-charge! It has been a year already... I'll write about it later okay.


Comments

scha roslan. said…
i think being protected is cool ;p

i was just like u before i went to matriks, tp skrg tak dah. and adik2 pun senang je nak keluar tak payah nak beg mcm i buat kat mak dulu
Nyna Roxford said…
OMG. I totally feel you bashtiah! Haha I have such an overprotective mom too! I can't do sleepover. And yeah, if nak keluar, must provide her with all the details. Kalau friends tak confirm nak pergi mana jawabnya goodbye la. haha But now, I think she cooled down already. Thank God. haha :D
Bashtiah said…
Pika: Hi! Sometimes I do think it's cool but most of the time I just wish I could get a lil' bit freedom just to have fun, you see... But yes, now as I'm pursuing my degree, she's being less protective. ;)

Nyna: Hi Nyna! Well now I'm sure I'm not the only one being overprotected here... Haha. Thanks for commenting!

Popular Posts