Lifeguard on Duty

Ever since I had to book the pool using my own name and my mother's Bronze Medallion Certificate, I felt a HUGE responsibility. Besides, the receipt also stated 'Tempahan KESELURUHAN kolam'. So basically all three pools belong to us I RENANG people from 3.00 pm to 5.00 pm. Yeah, pool party.... NOT! It means that whatever happened in the pool during that time is our responsibility.

So after being scolded by the big boss from being reckless and letting in public during that hour, we made a point that no matter what we MUST HAVE a lifeguard on duty.

Well so yesterday I was the lifeguard on duty. One word. HOT. Two words. BLAZING HOT! BELECAK HOT!

I had on my swimming jacket as an outerwear because I was supposed to go in the pool and exchange duties with another instructor. Happened that my students couldn't come so I was on duty for two hours wearing a swimming attire. 

It was really hot I'd rather be inside the water. Aargh... Really, being in the water with the students, checking bubbles, correcting strokes are way better than staying outside the water. And I think I nearly suffered from heat stroke. Because I felt dizzy and I didn't drink much water too because I couldn't left the pool in case people come in. 

I learnt a lesson. ALWAYS, always, always bring a bottle of water with you.

Comments

Popular Posts